Skip to main content
Apply Today  Request Info  Visit Tech  

Tips for claiming credits

If you're a transfer, dual/early enrollment or AP student, here's what you need to know about claiming credits with your advisor.

All new students must inform their SSC advisor of any transfer credit, high school dual/early enrollment credit and/or advanced placement test score credit completed or in-progress at the time of registration. 

Students are expected to be honest about the credits and grades they received (or anticipate receiving). To facilitate this discussion, SSC advisors will temporarily accept unofficial transcripts and/or “screen shots” of completed or in-progress work. Students will be registered for the upcoming semester based upon their discussion of these credits and test scores.

It is the responsibility of the student to ensure that all college credit and/or test scores are requested and submitted to the Office of Admissions immediately or as soon as in-progress grades are posted.

It is also the responsibility of the student to notify their SSC advisor immediately if they received a “D” or “F” in any work that was listed as in-progress. This is done in order that schedules can be changed in a timely manner prior to the start of the semester. 

If any credit is not received, a Transcript Hold will be placed on the student’s account and they will not be able to register for the next semester.

Contact Us