Classes must be offered by WVU Tech or online through another WVU campus.
Participants must meet ONE of the following eligibility requirements:
- Cumulative GPA below 2.0
- Re-attempting an eligible D/F repeat or withdrawn course in the summer term, or
- Scholarship recipients needing to reach the completion and GPA benchmark requirements for scholarship eligibility
PROGRAM REQUIREMENTS FOR TUITION STIPENDThe tuition stipend for Summer BOOST participants is equivalent to 30% of university tuition for in-state students and 40% for out-of-state students for the summer 2024 term. Other charges such as college tuition and university fees are not calculated in the tuition stipend once the program is completed.
The following actions are required for tuition stipend consideration:
- Earn a C or better in all attempted courses in the summer 2024 term
- Utilize one of the following academic resources:
- Work with a tutor
- Complete a StudentLingo Workshop
- Complete the academic resource assessment (this will be emailed to students).
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Students can raise their cumulative GPA (CGPA) by retaking courses where a higher grade is desired. By focusing on just these classes, students can have an opportunity to earn the CGPA needed to start the next school year in good academic standing or maintain the PROMISE and/or Institutional Scholarships. By taking a summer course, eligible students can stay on track.
Other benefits include:
- Students can take part in smaller, more intensive classes.
- Students can utilize tutoring and online workshops to help improve academic performance.
- Students on academic suspension can potentially raise their CGPA sufficiently to return to WVU Tech for the upcoming fall term.
- Students who earn a C or better in each attempted course and complete the academic resource requirement (including assessment), are eligible for a tuition stipend to be applied as a credit to the student account.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PARTICIPANTS
- Student must pay summer tuition before courses begin.
- Courses during summer sessions are typically either 3 or 6 weeks long. It is your responsibility to check the times and dates for courses when registering.
- All courses must be degree pursuant to be eligible for the program.
- Summer Boost program decisions will be emailed on rolling basis starting around May 9th.
- Stipends will not be credited to student accounts until approximately TWO weeks after final grades are released.
- Register for desired summer courses via STAR after consulting with your advisor.
- Submit the Summer BOOST application online by 5 pm on the due date. Application link: coming in the spring!
- Access STAR to pay summer tuition.
Please review the application due dates below.
|Class Start Date||Application Due Date|
|May 13, 2024
||May 13, 2024
|June 24, 2024||June 24, 2024|